venerdì 11 aprile 2008

Brief reflections on the final project

As we are supposed to develop a cultural topic for our final project, I'm starting thinking about it...I'd like to discuss, even if my peers agree, about health care, a really interesting aspect that concerns both Italy and USA.
As a person and a woman, first of all in my life I think about my health and this is a very delicate topic in our society. I heard of persons who are ill and haven't got a bed to sleep on in the hospital, or persons who died because of national health disservice. In my opinion these are unthinkable, unimaginable things!!!
Many times happened to me that I had to wait for a long time to make a medical examination even if I had an appointment and this is not possible... When I have to go to the hospital for an usual check-up I'm speechless because of the situations I see and it's for these reasons that I'd like to discuss about this important topic and compare it with the American situation, see differences and similarities and see if also American people have such problems with health care.

Nessun commento: